Know more about Product Rebranding: Iomega. EMC and Lenovo came up with a joint venture; this venture saw the lomega range of products fall under the new LenovoEMC Company. They have announced a rebranding of the lomega portfolio of products including the popular Network Attached Storage (NAS) IX and PX StorCenter devices. This is a move to align the branding and marketing of the lomega products to the new LenovoEMC venture.
Based on this product realignment the following is a summary of how the main lomega NAS devices are now named. The lomega title has been dropped in preference for Lenovo® EMC® but the model numbers remain the same. The addition of Network storage or network storage array appended to the name to indicate the intended market for the device.
- omega px2-300d –> Lenovo® EMC® px2-300d Network Storage
- Iomega px4-300d –> Lenovo® EMC® px4-300d Network Storage
- The desktop six-drive Lenovo® EMC® px6-300d Network Storage
- The Lenovo® EMC® px4-300r Network Storage Array
- The Lenovo® EMC® px12-400r Network Storage Array
- And the top-of-the-line Lenovo® EMC® px12-450r Network Storage Array
There have been no major changes, just the dropping of the lomega brand and the additional information on where the market of a particular device model is targeted, from consumer to enterprice.