VMware Solutions FAQ
- How to buy products?
- For buying products choose a product then click on Customize. According to your need you can Customize your product. Then use checkout option for completing order. For finding the list of all of our products, please check our menu and links in footer. All products are given by category in our menu and footer links.
- Can I customize products?
- Yes! We have given you the freedom of customizing all the products.
- What if I need more customized products?
- If you think you need more customization in your products, then please contact with our sales department.
- How many virtual servers are possible to run per VMware host?
- It is possible to run unlimited number of virtual servers up to the maximum the hardware can handle or the VMware vSphere maximum limits. The vSphere Maximum configuration guide listed here provides the limits www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r40/vsp_40_config_max.pdf
- I am new to VMware
- 247rack’s VMware solutions are configured for all levels of user and it is very easy to use. Yet if you find any difficulties, our support department is always waiting to help you.
- Do I need my own operating system licenses, or do I have to use yours?
- No. You don’t need your own operating system licenses.
- Can I choose OS?
- Yes. For your choice we have a huge varieties of OS.
- What is the minimum bill I have to pay?
- Bill depends on which products you are using. There is no extra or hidden bill that your product bill.
- Do I need to pay setup charges?
- You don’t have to pay setup charges for most of our products. There few products which have setup charges. Those are mentioned in product configuration option.
- Which operating systems are supported by 247rack?
- 247rack Managed VMware Solutions supports multiple operating systems in both 32 bit and 64 bit including but not limited to windows 2003/2008, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, SUSE, Solaris, FreeBSD, etc… For an extensive list please view http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=software
- What hardware is 247rack Managed VMware Solutions run on?
- 247rack uses an enterprise infrastructure consisting of vmware supported hardware. Servers by the top 3 companies HP, Dell, and Supermicro are used. Storage is run on NetApp Storage systems. Networking is run on Cisco and Enterasys.
- Is it possible to create, customize, and install my own servers?
- Yes you have the freedom to create your own server, configure the virtual hardware, and install an OS very easily using the Web GUI or Client GUI provided.
- How do I administer my Managed VMware Solution environment?
- There numerous choices to administer your Managed VMware Solution environment: Web GUI, Client GUI, Remote Desktop, or SSH.
- How secure is the VMware ESX host?
- The ESX host is isolated behind our enterprise class firewalls with no access to the public internet. Connection for management of your VMware ESX environment is through a secure and encrypted Web SSL VPN connection which provides access to only your environment.