Downloading VMware products from the VMware website
- Go to the download portal at http://downloads.vmware.com/d/.
- Click the product that you want to download.
- The most recent product versions and updates display. Click View Download next to the correct product name/update.
Note: Click the appropriate version from the Other versions of list to download older versions or updates of the product.
- Choose your download method.
Note: You can select either Download Manager or Manually Download. VMware recommends using Download Manager, a utility that allows you to download files more efficiently and effectively. You can pause and resume downloads of large file sets while the Download Manager window is open. For more information, see Akamai Download Manager FAQs.
- If prompted, log in to your My VMware profile. If you do not have a profile, you must create one. For more information, seeCreating a My VMware profile (2007005).
- Complete any forms that display and accept the End User License Agreement.
When you download a product, it appears on your My Download History page in My VMware.
Installing and downloading VMware Tools
Downloading evaluation products
Downloading the VMware Infrastructure Client/vSphere Client
The vSphere Client .exe is part of the ESX, ESXi, or vCenter Server download binaries.
You can download the vSphere Client from the Product downloads page at VMware ESX and VMware vCenter Server and modules.
Troubleshooting download issues
- The error Sorry, at the moment you are not authorized to download can occur if you try to download a Datacenter Product and you are not associated with the same account as the product license. To resolve this issue, ensure you are added to the account. For more information, see Adding and removing users in My VMware (2016235).
- To troubleshoot errors when downloading binaries using Download Manager, see Akamai Download Manager FAQs. Try downloading the binaries manually using the web browser option if you have difficulties downloading the software using Download Manager and vice versa.
- Ensure that your browser allows pop-ups from vmware.com. For more information, see Disabling your browser’s pop-up blocker to allow VMware downloads (2018645).
- If you are using Internet Explorer 8 and you experience issues when manually downloading binaries, see Manually downloading binaries in Internet Explorer 8 fails (2018377).
- The error Your download request has been received and is under review for download eligibilitycan occur if your request is being reviewed or if your My VMware profile is incomplete. For more information, see Message when downloading a VMware product: Your download request has been received and is under review for download eligibility (ID 621) (1031472).
- Clear the browser cookies and temp files.
- Try using a different browser.